- Donate to Israel
- Jewish Charities in Israel
- Lev LaLev
- The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
- American Jewish World Service (AJWS)
- Jewish National Fund (JNF)
- Mazon: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- Building a Better Future: The Impact of Jewish Non-Profit Organizations on Society
- Jewish Orphanages
- Jewish Charities for the Poor
- Jewish Charities for Education and Social Services
- Jewish Children's Charities
- Best Rated Jewish Charities
- Tips for Choosing the Best Jewish Charity to Donate To
- FAQs on Nonprofit Jewish Organizations
- Key Takeaways
Jewish charities, by definition, are organizations that provide assistance and support to individuals and communities who are part of the Jewish faith. These charities cover a wide range of causes, from humanitarian aid and education to cultural preservation and social services. By supporting Jewish charities, we not only help those in need but also strengthen and build our communities.
In this article, we’ll be exploring the importance of supporting Jewish charities and highlighting some of the most reputable and impactful organizations in Israel. From success stories to the ways in which these charities have made a positive difference, we hope to inspire you to get involved and make a difference.
Donate to Israel
If you are looking to support meaningful causes in Israel, consider donating to reputable Israel Charity Organizations.
If you’re looking to make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged children and families in Israel, you’ve come to the right place. On this page, you will find a list of the best-rated Jewish charities that are making a real impact on the ground. With your help, we can continue to support these charities and improve the lives of countless individuals and communities.
How to Donate to Israel
Making a donation to one or more of the Jewish charities listed on this page is easy and straightforward. Here are the different donation methods available:
- Online Donations: The majority of the listed charities accept online donations. Simply click on the “Donate Now” button or link provided for each charity, and follow the instructions to make a secure online donation using your credit or debit card.
- Wire Transfers: If you prefer to make a donation via wire transfer, you can find the relevant information for each charity on their respective donation pages.
- Mailing Checks: Some charities also accept donations via checks. You can find the relevant mailing address on the charity’s donation page.
Your donation will go towards supporting a wide range of causes and programs in Israel, including:
- Providing education and healthcare to disadvantaged children and families
- Supporting orphans and children in crisis
- Providing housing and financial assistance to families in need
- Strengthening Israel’s security and well-being
- Promoting cultural and artistic initiatives
Impact of Donations
Your donation, no matter how big or small, can make a significant impact on the lives of those in need. Your support can help provide children with access to education, healthcare, and essential resources that they may not have otherwise. It can help support families in times of crisis and provide them with a sense of stability and security.
Additionally, your support can help promote Israel’s long-term security and well-being by supporting initiatives that strengthen the country’s economy, security, and culture. By donating to one or more of the Jewish charities listed on this page, you’re making a meaningful difference in the lives of countless individuals and communities in Israel.
Your donation can truly make a difference in the lives of those in need in Israel. We encourage you to explore the different Jewish charities listed on this page and choose one or more that resonate with you. Whether you choose to make a one-time donation or set up a recurring donation, your support will go a long way in supporting the invaluable work of these charities. Thank you for your kindness and generosity!
Jewish Charities in Israel
Israel is home to many reputable Jewish charities that provide critical support to those in need. Whether it’s providing food and shelter to the homeless, supporting education and development programs, or funding vital medical research, these organizations are making a real difference in people’s lives.
Judaism teaches us to be kind to the less fortunate, and the act of giving is highly regarded in the Jewish culture. It is an essential component of the Jewish faith, and many Jewish charities work towards uplifting those in need. In this article, we will list down some of the top Jewish charities that accept donations and make a significant impact on the lives of many.
Lev LaLev is a Jewish organization that supports young girls who have lost one or both parents. The organization provides education, healthcare, and basic needs to these girls, enabling them to build a strong foundation for their future. Lev LaLev’s mission is to empower these girls with the tools they need to break the cycle of poverty and become independent, successful women. With a focus on mentorship and community support, Lev LaLev has made a significant impact on the lives of many young girls in Israel. Through their support, these girls are given the opportunity to thrive and contribute to society in a meaningful way.
The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
The JFNA is a charitable organization that provides support to Jewish communities across North America. They work towards developing Jewish leadership and strengthening Jewish life by raising funds for social welfare, educational, and cultural programs. The JFNA has a network of over 300 Jewish federations, making it one of the most extensive charitable organizations in the world.
American Jewish World Service (AJWS)
AJWS is a nonprofit organization that promotes human rights and fights poverty in developing countries. They support a range of initiatives, including disaster relief, education, and health care. AJWS is one of the leading Jewish charities, and their work has impacted millions of lives across the world.
Jewish National Fund (JNF)
The JNF is a charitable organization that works towards developing Israel’s infrastructure and protecting its natural resources. They have several initiatives that focus on water conservation, reforestation, and developing new communities in Israel. JNF has been operational for over a century and has helped in building modern-day Israel.
Chabad-Lubavitch is a global Jewish movement that aims to promote Jewish education and cultural heritage. They have several outreach programs that support the less fortunate and provide aid during emergencies. Chabad-Lubavitch has a global presence and provides support to Jewish communities in over 100 countries.
Mazon: A Jewish Response to Hunger
Mazon is a Jewish organization that fights against hunger in the United States and Israel. They support a range of initiatives, including food banks, nutrition programs, and advocacy efforts. Mazon has been operational for over three decades and has made a significant impact on reducing hunger in Jewish communities.
|Jewish Charities to Donate to
|Support for Orphaned and Disadvantaged Girls in Israel
|Jewish National Fund
|Environmental Conservation and Land Reclamation
|American Jewish World Service
|Global Humanitarian Aid and Advocacy
|American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee
|Disaster Relief, Poverty Alleviation, and Community Development
|The Jewish Federations of North America
|Support for Jewish Communities and Social Services
|Jewish Environmental Sustainability
|Jewish Women’s Archive
|Preservation of Jewish Women’s History and Stories
|Holocaust Remembrance and Education
|Jewish War Veterans of the USA
|Support for Jewish Veterans and Active-Duty Military Personnel
|Beit Hatfutsot – The Museum of the Jewish People
|Jewish Cultural and Historical Education and Preservation
|Mazon: A Jewish Response to Hunger
|Fighting Hunger in the United States and Israel, Supporting Food Banks, Nutrition Programs, and Advocacy Efforts
Giving to charity is an essential aspect of Jewish culture, and there are numerous Jewish charities that accept donations and contribute to making the world a better place. The Jewish Federations of North America, American Jewish World Service, Jewish National Fund, Chabad-Lubavitch, and Mazon are just some of the many charitable organizations that one can support. By donating to these organizations, we can make a difference in the lives of those in need and fulfill our responsibility as members of the Jewish community.
Impact of Jewish charities
The impact of these charities is significant, from the thousands of people who have received medical care or support to the countless individuals who have been able to pursue education and build a better future for themselves and their families. These charities have truly made a positive impact on Israel and its people.
Success stories of Jewish charities
There are also many success stories to be found within the world of charities in Israel. For example, the JNF has been instrumental in planting over 250 million trees in Israel, helping to combat desertification and create new green spaces for communities to enjoy. Yad Sarah has provided medical equipment and support to over one million individuals, making a tangible difference in their quality of life. These are just a few examples of the incredible work being done by Israeli charities every day.
Overall, supporting Israeli charities is an important way to make a difference in the world and support causes that align with our values. Whether you choose to get involved with Lev Lalev or support another reputable organization, we encourage you to learn more about the impact your donation can have.
Building a Better Future: The Impact of Jewish Non-Profit Organizations on Society
Jewish non-profit organizations play a crucial role in supporting and strengthening the Jewish community. These organizations are dedicated to various causes, including education, healthcare, social services, and advocacy. From local grassroots initiatives to large international organizations, Jewish non-profit organizations work tirelessly to improve the lives of Jews around the world. They provide critical support to vulnerable populations, such as the elderly, children, and refugees, and work to combat anti-Semitism and promote Jewish identity. With a shared commitment to tikkun olam, or repairing the world, Jewish non-profit organizations make a significant impact on both the Jewish community and the broader society. Their work embodies the values of compassion, justice, and solidarity that are at the heart of Jewish tradition.
Jewish orphanages are institutions that provide a safe and nurturing environment for children who have lost one or both parents, and who are of Jewish descent. These institutions serve as temporary or permanent homes for orphaned children, providing them with shelter, food, clothing, education, and emotional support.
The need for Jewish orphanages
The need for Jewish orphanages stems from the tragic loss of parents and guardians in Jewish families due to a variety of reasons, including illness, accidents, war, and violence. These children are left without a family support system, and often face social, emotional, and economic challenges that can hinder their development and well-being.
Jewish orphanages play a vital role in addressing the needs of these vulnerable children. They offer a safe and stable environment where children can thrive and grow, receive an education, and develop a sense of community and belonging. Jewish orphanages also provide access to Jewish education, culture, and traditions, helping to preserve and strengthen Jewish identity.
Examples of Jewish orphanages and their impact
Lev Lalev is an example of a Jewish orphanage that has made a significant impact in the lives of orphaned children. Located in Israel, Lev Lalev provides a warm and loving home for girls who have experienced loss and trauma. The organization offers a range of services, including education, therapy, and vocational training, to help these girls become independent and successful adults.
Other examples of Jewish orphanages include Ohr Meir & Bracha in Israel, which provides a home for orphaned boys, and the Jewish Child Care Association in the United States, which offers a range of services to children in need.
Jewish Charities for the Poor
At Lev Lalev, we understand the importance of uplifting those in need, particularly in Jewish communities. Poverty is a pervasive issue in many Jewish communities, and it is essential to support those who are struggling to make ends meet. In this section, we will provide an overview of poverty in Jewish communities and highlight some of the Jewish charities that focus on helping the poor.
Overview of Poverty in Jewish Communities
Poverty is a significant issue in Jewish communities worldwide. It is estimated that over one million Jews worldwide live in poverty, with many struggling to afford basic necessities such as food, clothing, and housing. There are several factors that contribute to poverty in Jewish communities, including unemployment, underemployment, high cost of living, and limited access to resources.
List of Jewish Charities that Focus on Helping the Poor
Fortunately, there are several Jewish charities that focus on helping those in need. These organizations provide various forms of assistance, such as food and clothing drives, financial aid, job training, and counseling services. Some of the notable charities that focus on helping the poor include:
- Lev Lalev: Our organization provides a safe and nurturing home for girls who have been orphaned or come from challenging backgrounds. We provide these girls with the resources they need to succeed in life, including education, healthcare, and emotional support.
- Jewish Federation: The Jewish Federation is a network of Jewish organizations that work together to support those in need. They provide various forms of assistance, including financial aid, job training, and counseling services.
- MAZON: MAZON is a Jewish organization that focuses on ending hunger in the Jewish community. They provide grants to food banks, food pantries, and other organizations that work to fight hunger.
- Tomchei Shabbos: Tomchei Shabbos is an organization that provides food and other assistance to Jewish families in need. They work to ensure that every Jewish family has the resources they need to celebrate Shabbat with dignity.
Impact of Jewish Charities for the Poor
Jewish charities that focus on helping the poor have a significant impact on Jewish communities worldwide. These organizations provide critical resources to those in need, helping them to break the cycle of poverty and achieve a better life. Through their work, charities help to strengthen Jewish communities and ensure that every Jew has the support they need to thrive. We encourage you to support these organizations and help make a difference in the lives of those in need.
Jewish Charities for Education and Social Services
Education and social services are essential to the Jewish community, and there are numerous Jewish charities that focus on providing these vital services. Jewish charities for education help to provide access to quality education for Jewish individuals and communities, ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow. Meanwhile, charities for social services help to provide crucial support to those in need, including healthcare, counseling, and financial assistance.
List of Jewish charities for education and social services
There are many excellent Jewish charities for education and social services that you can support. Some of the best charities for education include organizations that support Jewish schools and universities, provide scholarships for students, and offer educational programs for Jewish communities. Some examples of these organizations include the Jewish Educational Loan Fund, the American Friends of Hebrew University, and the Jewish National Fund.
Similarly, charities for social services provide a range of important services to those in need, including healthcare, counseling, and financial assistance. Some of the best charities for social services include organizations that provide support for the elderly, the sick, and the disabled. These organizations include Jewish Family Services, the Hebrew Free Loan Society, and Yad Sarah.
Impact of Jewish charities for education and social services
When deciding which Jewish charities to support, it is important to choose the best ones to ensure that your donation will have the greatest impact. Some of the best charities to donate to for education and social services have a proven track record of success and are well-respected within the Jewish community. Giving Tzedakah to support orphans is a huge mitzvah, and a great way to give back to the community.
By supporting Jewish charities for education and social services, you can make a positive impact on the Jewish community and help to ensure that everyone has access to essential services and opportunities. So why not consider making a donation or getting involved with a Jewish charity today? Together, we can make a difference and strengthen the Jewish community.
Jewish Children’s Charities
At Lev Lalev, we believe that every child deserves a happy and healthy childhood. As a Jewish organization, we recognize the importance of supporting Jewish children and families, particularly those who are facing challenging circumstances. In this section, we will provide an overview of Jewish children’s charities, highlight some of the notable organizations and their impact, and share ways to get involved with Jewish children’s charities.
Overview of Jewish Children’s Charities
Jewish children’s charities are organizations that focus on providing assistance and support to Jewish children and families. These organizations may provide various forms of aid, such as financial assistance, educational programs, healthcare services, and emotional support. Jewish children’s charities aim to help children and families in need to overcome their challenges and build a better future.
Examples of Jewish Children’s Charities and Their Impact
There are several Jewish children’s charities that are making a significant impact on the lives of Jewish children and families. Here are some examples:
- Lev Lalev: Our organization provides a loving home and a brighter future for orphaned and disadvantaged Jewish girls in Israel. We provide them with a safe and nurturing environment, quality education, healthcare, and emotional support.
- Chai Lifeline: Chai Lifeline is a Jewish organization that provides support and assistance to children and families facing serious illnesses. They provide various forms of assistance, including financial aid, respite care, and counseling services.
- Jewish Family Service: Jewish Family Service is an organization that provides assistance to Jewish families in need. They offer various services, including counseling, financial assistance, job training, and educational programs.
- Kids Kicking Cancer: Kids Kicking Cancer is an organization that teaches children with cancer and other illnesses how to use martial arts as a way to manage pain and anxiety. They provide support to children and their families through their programs.
Ways to Get Involved with Jewish Children’s Charities
If you are interested in supporting Jewish children’s charities, there are several ways to get involved. Here are some ideas:
- Volunteer your time: Many Jewish children’s charities rely on volunteers to help with their programs and services. You can contact these organizations and inquire about volunteer opportunities.
- Make a donation: Donations are essential to the work of Jewish children’s charities. You can make a one-time or recurring donation to an organization that resonates with you.
- Spread the word: You can help raise awareness of Jewish children’s charities by sharing information about their work with your friends and family. You can also use social media to spread the word.
- Host a fundraiser: You can organize a fundraiser to raise funds for a Jewish children’s charity. This could be a bake sale, a charity walk, or any other creative idea you have.
By getting involved with Jewish children’s charities, you can make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish children and families in need. We encourage you to consider supporting these organizations and making a difference in the world.
Best Rated Jewish Charities
As a donor, it’s important to know that your contributions are making a positive impact on the causes you care about. In this section, we will provide an overview of how Jewish charities are rated, share a list of the best rated Jewish charities, and offer tips on how to evaluate a Jewish charity organizations before donating.
Overview of How Jewish Charities are Rated
Jewish charities are rated based on several factors, such as transparency, accountability, financial health, and impact. Various independent rating organizations assess and rate Jewish charities to help donors make informed decisions about where to direct their contributions. These rating organizations provide donors with valuable information about a charity’s operations, programs, and financial management.
List of the Best Rated Jewish Charities
Here are some of the best rated Jewish charities based on their transparency, accountability, financial health, and impact:
- Lev Lalev
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
- Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA)
- Jewish National Fund (JNF)
- Jewish Family Service (JFS)
- MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- Jewish Women’s Foundation of New York
- HIAS (Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society)
- The Jewish Agency for Israel
How to Evaluate a Jewish Charity Before Donating
Before making a donation to a Jewish charity organization, it’s important to evaluate the organization to ensure that your contributions are being used effectively. Here are some tips on how to evaluate a Jewish charity:
- Research the charity’s mission and programs: Before donating, take the time to research the charity’s mission and programs to ensure that they align with your values and goals.
- Check the charity’s financial health: Review the charity’s financial statements, such as their annual report and IRS Form 990, to assess their financial health and ensure that your contributions are being used effectively.
- Evaluate the charity’s impact: Look for evidence of the charity’s impact, such as success stories, testimonials, and data on the number of people served.
- Assess the charity’s transparency and accountability: Look for evidence of transparency, such as regular reporting on the charity’s activities and finances, and evidence of accountability, such as an independent board of directors.
By evaluating a Jewish charity organization before donating, you can ensure that your contributions are making a positive impact on the cause you care about. We encourage you to do your research and support a Jewish charity that aligns with your values and goals.
Tips for Choosing the Best Jewish Charity to Donate To
As a donor, choosing the right charity to support can be overwhelming. With so many options available, it’s important to do your research and choose a charity that aligns with your values and goals. In this section, we will provide some tips on how to choose the best Jewish charity to donate to.
Research the Charity’s Mission and Goals
Before making a donation, take the time to research the charity’s mission and goals. Make sure that the charity’s values and objectives align with your own. Look for a charity that is passionate about their cause and has a clear plan for achieving their goals.
Look at the Charity’s Financial Stability
It’s important to ensure that your donations are being used effectively. Look for evidence of the charity’s financial stability, such as their annual reports and IRS Form 990. These documents can provide you with valuable information about the charity’s financial health, including how much of their budget is dedicated to programs versus administrative expenses.
Check the Charity’s Ratings and Reviews
There are several independent rating organizations that assess and rate Jewish charities. These ratings can provide valuable insight into the charity’s transparency, accountability, and impact. Look for a charity that has high ratings and positive reviews from donors and beneficiaries.
Consider the Charity’s Transparency and Accountability
Look for a charity that is transparent about their operations and finances. A reputable charity should be open and forthcoming about their activities, finances, and impact. They should also have an independent board of directors that oversees the organization’s operations and holds them accountable.
By following these tips, you can choose the best Jewish charity to donate to and ensure that your contributions are being maximized and making a positive impact.
FAQs on Nonprofit Jewish Organizations
Here are some frequently asked questions about Jewish charities:
What is the history of Jewish charities?
Jewish charities have a long history of supporting the needs of the Jewish community and beyond. The first Jewish charities were established in the late 19th century in response to poverty and persecution in Eastern Europe. Today, Jewish charities serve a variety of causes, including education, healthcare, social services, and disaster relief.
How can I get involved with a Jewish charity?
There are many ways to get involved with a Jewish charity. You can volunteer your time, make a donation, or participate in fundraising events. Many Jewish charities also offer opportunities for leadership development, advocacy, and community building.
What are some successful fundraising campaigns for Jewish charities?
There have been many successful fundraising campaigns for Jewish charities over the years. Some notable examples include the Jewish Federations of North America’s annual campaign, which raises funds to support Jewish communities in North America and around the world, and the Jewish National Fund’s Tree of Life campaign, which raises funds to plant trees in Israel.
How do Jewish charities support Israel?
Jewish charities support Israel in a variety of ways, including through the funding of social, educational, and cultural programs. Jewish charities also support Israel in times of crisis, such as during times of war or natural disasters.
Non-profit Jewish organizations play a crucial role in supporting the community in Israel. These organizations focus on providing various services and support to those in need, such as education, healthcare, housing, and more. The listed Jewish charities on this page are among the best-rated non-profit organizations in Israel, committed to serving the Jewish community through their various programs and initiatives.
In conclusion, supporting Jewish charities is an important way to make a positive impact on the Jewish community and beyond. Jewish charities have a long history of addressing the needs of the community and providing support during times of crisis. We encourage our readers to donate or get involved with a Jewish charity that aligns with their values and goals.
As a reader, you can make a difference in the lives of those in need. Your donation or involvement can support important causes such as education, healthcare, and disaster relief. We invite you to join us in supporting Jewish charities and making a difference in the world.
Thank you for considering supporting Jewish and Israeli charities. Together, we can make a difference.
By exploring our Israeli charities list, you can discover reputable and impactful organizations dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of disadvantaged children and families in Israel.
- Jewish charities play an important role in supporting the needs of the Jewish community and beyond, including education, healthcare, social services, and disaster relief.
- There are many ways to get involved with Jewish charities, including volunteering, donating, and participating in fundraising events.
- Successful fundraising campaigns for Jewish charities include the Jewish Federations of North America’s annual campaign and the Jewish National Fund’s Tree of Life campaign.
- Jewish charities support Israel through funding social, educational, and cultural programs, as well as providing support during times of crisis.
- When evaluating a Jewish charity before donating, it’s important to consider factors such as transparency, impact, and alignment with personal values.
- Supporting Jewish charities is a meaningful way to make a positive impact on the world and help those in need.